Wednesday, April 19, 2023

4.19.2023 - Games and Rituals

Games and Rituals by Katherine Heiny 

Many thanks to NetGalley and Knopf Publishing for gifting me a digital copy of the new short story collection by Katherine Heiny - 5 stars!

I typically am not a huge fan of short stories but absolutely loved this collection involving all things human, told with a sense of humor and love.  I think there's a story here that everyone will relate to.  My favorite was Twist and Shout, the story of a woman dealing with her elderly father.  I also loved Damascus, dealing with parenthood, and Chicken Flavoured and Lemon Scented, a hilarious look at driving test examiners.  561 is the story of exes still being somewhat involved in each others' lives and had a very poignant side story.  Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment