Thursday, November 24, 2022

11.24.2022 - Eligible

Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld

Many thanks to NetGalley and Random House for gifting me a digital ARC of this modern-day retelling of Pride and Prejudice by Curtis Sittenfeld - 4 stars!

When Mr. Bennett has a health scare, Liz and Jane come back to Cincinnati from NYC to help out, even though Kitty, Lydia and Mary live there.  Mrs. Bennett is just anxious to marry off at least one daughter.  At a July 4th BBQ, Chip, fresh off a Bachelor-type reality show, takes interest in Jane, who is keeping a big secret from everyone.  At the same party, Liz meets Fitzwilliam Darcy, with much less enthusiasm.  

This was just so much fun.  I loved Mr, Bennett's humor and even though I sadly don't remember details of Pride and Prejudice, I thought this modern telling was just so much fun.  I'm sorry it languished on my TBR pile for so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment