Tuesday, October 4, 2022

10.4.2022 - Boldly Go

Boldly Go by William Shatner 

Many thanks to NetGalley and Atria Books for gifting me a digital ARC of the new memoir by William Shatner, along with Joshua Brandon - 5 stars!

William Shatner, AKA Captain Kirk of Star Trek fame, imparts his thoughts about his life and life in general in his new book.  No matter how much you may know about Shatner, there will be surprises to learn in this book.  Plus, his signature wit comes through as he shares his thoughts about never saying no to opportunities and living life as large as possible.  

In my household, Star Trek was like a religion.  My husband had watched the original series when it was first shown on TV in the 1960s, but when our boys were growing up in the 1980s, it was the perfect thing to watch.  We started with the original series and at that time, there was always a spinoff to watch.  My kids were Star Trek characters every Halloween, their first email addresses were Star Trek related (my husband and I still use them!).  So of course I had to read his latest book, just like I'll have to listen to his next album.  But there's a lot of life lessons and positivity in this book - in fact, I dare you to find something negative here!  A definite must read for Trekkers and everyone else!

No comments:

Post a Comment