Saturday, October 15, 2022

10.15.2022 - One Last Gift

One Last Gift by Emily      Stone

Many thanks to NetGalley and Random House Publishing/Ballantine/Dell for gifting me the sophomore novel by Emily Stone - 4.5 stars rounded up!  I loved Always, in December and this one is just as great!

Cassie and Tom lost their parents at an early age and were raised by their Aunt Claire, who took care of their physical needs but wasn't especially close emotionally.  But they had the best of friends - Sam and Hazel - who were always there for them.  Cassie always had a crush on Sam and thought it might be reciprocal until an eventful vacation.  Then when Tom dies, Cassie is afloat and devastated.  Tom had always made Christmas special for Cassie, leaving her clues to a treasure hunt before finding her present.  Then she finds his last gift to her - one more scavenger hunt.

I loved this book and these characters!  While my reading taste tends to be on the darker side, I am a sucker for a good romantic story like this one.  This one has the substance I need in a romance book and covers the difficult subjects of grief, moving forward, conquering our fears, the friends we make family, and lots of second chances.  Emily Stone has become a must-read author for me and I am here anxiously awaiting her next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment