Saturday, August 6, 2022

8.6.2022 - Bend Toward the Sun

Bend Toward the Sun 

Many thanks to NetGalley, St Martin's Press/St Martin's Griffin for gifting me a digital copy of this wonderful romantic story by Jen Devon - 4.5 stars rounded up!

Rowen is a botanist, burned by love and life, now licking her wounds on a friend's couch while she figures out her next moves.  Her friend takes her to a gathering where she meets Harrison, part of a big, loving family.  Harrison has his own issues - he's a doctor with anxieties that have driven him to take time off away from his practice in California.  He's staying with his family at their newly-purchased vineyard in Pennsylvania.  Can they make a connection?

My favorite reading genre leans more to the mystery/thriller side, but I'm also a sucker for a good, romantic story.  This was it.  I probably could have done without so much sex detail, but the rest was perfection.  Two broken people trying to come to terms with their pasts, each digging in to their own issues but unable to deny the sparks they feel.  I actually welled up with tears twice - the grape jelly and cloud tide stories - which rarely happens to me.  I fell in love with these characters and the Brady family as a whole.  

This was a fabulous debut and I loved hearing that the author is from Ohio and has an engineer for a husband (hmm...I'm from Ohio with an engineer husband!).  I loved learning about the plant and wine world in such a low key way.  Don't miss this one - can't wait to read more from this author!

No comments:

Post a Comment