Thursday, December 9, 2021

12.9.2021 - My Darling Husband

 My Darling Husband by Kimberly Belle

Many thanks to NetGalley and Harlequin/Park Row for gifting me a digital ARC of the latest thriller by Kimberly Belle - one of my favorite writers!  This book is another example of just why - you won't be able to put this one down.  4.5 stars rounded up for the non-stop tension!

Cam and Jade seem to be the perfect power couple.  He is Atlanta's Steak King - celebrity chef and restaurant owner - Jade gave up a promising design career to be a stay-at-home mom to the Bees (Beatrix and Baxter).  When Jade and the kids are held hostage in a home invasion, Cam is instructed to get a precise amount of money by that evening in order to prevent their deaths.  Unbeknownst to Jade, things aren't quite what they seem with Cam and his business empire - what will that mean for her and the kids?

This is a tense thriller that will keep you flipping the pages long into the night.  The writing puts you in the scenes and makes you wonder what you would do in the same situation to save your child.  Told in alternating chapters between Cam and Jade, along with Cam's interview with a local news anchor, I read this with my heart in my throat.  Who is the masked man and why does he seem one step ahead of everything?  Don't miss this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment