Friday, December 17, 2021

12.17.2021 - Twenty Years Later

Twenty Years Later by Charlie Donlea 

Many thanks to NetGalley, Kensington Publishing and Recorded Books for gifting me both a digital and audio ARC of the latest mystery by one of my favorites, Charlie Donlea.  The audio was perfectly narrated by Vivienne Leheny.  5 stars!

Avery Mason is a popular TV news broadcast host but while she is in the public eye, she's also hiding her own true story.  She gets wind of a new story that she hopes will propel her star - after twenty years, the identity of a 9/11 victim was discovered using new DNA technology.  Then Avery discovers that person was accused of a sordid murder of a celebrity novelist and never brought to trial because she was in the towers when they fell.

I'm not going to go any more into the plot in this review - there are multiple mysteries at work here as well as a full cast of characters and I totally enjoyed watching all the intertwined pieces come together.  I figured some things out but was still stunned at the end!  I love Donlea's writing and I had a tough time putting this book down.  I enjoyed switching back and forth from the digital to audio versions as well for extra depth.  Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment