Thursday, August 19, 2021

8.19.2021 - The Last House on Needless Street

Many thanks to NetGalley, Macmillan Tor/Forge and Macmillan Audio for gifting me both a digital and audio ARC of this amazing book by Catriona Ward - 5 stars!  Audiobook narration was by Christopher Ragland and he was amazing - added to the creepiness of the story!

This is the story of a serial killer. A stolen child. Revenge. Death. And an ordinary house at the end of an ordinary street.  All these things are true. And yet they are all lies...  You think you know what's inside the last house on Needless Street. You think you've read this story before. That's where you're wrong.  In the dark forest at the end of Needless Street, lies something buried. But it's not what you think..

Typically, I try to give a short synopsis of the book in my own words.  However, you need to go into this book as blindly as possible and I was afraid I would give something away that would ruin the reader's experience, so I just copied the publisher's words.  This book had me twisted and turned in all the best, creepy ways.  I experienced all the emotions - horror, disgust, fear, sadness, hope.  Be sure to read the author's afterword to understand the book even further.

Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment