Tuesday, July 27, 2021

7.27.2021 - Goldenrod

 Goldenrod by Maggie  Smith

Many thanks to NetGalley and One Signal/Atria Publishing for gifting me a digital copy of Maggie Smith's new poetry collection - 4 stars!

Maggie Smith's poetry collections are the only ones that have ever really spoken to me and not left me thinking I just never got what the author was trying to say.  She speaks in real language and sees the beauty and wonder in the every day.  This collection focuses on that as well as parenting and the status of the world today.  Her previous Keep Moving collection, spoke loudly to me and I find myself continually going back and rereading things.  I have bought the book for myself and others.  Goldenrod didn't touch me in quite the same way but it's still a wonderful book to make you think and look at things a bit harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment