Saturday, August 29, 2020

8.29.2020 - Daddy

 Daddy by Emma Cline

Thanks to NetGalley, Random House and Emma Cline for the opportunity to read this collection of short stories.  I was a huge fan of Cline's debut novel, The Girls, and was so excited to read this book.  3.5 stars rounded up.

I will preface this review with the note that I'm not a huge fan of short stories - I like digging into a novel with more teeth and better developed characters and plot.  These stories revolve around human failings, mostly of the male variety, and how small decisions change lives.  Each of these stories was well written and left me wanting more - which was the problem for me - I wanted more!  At the end of each short, I felt a bit sad that it ended so abruptly because I was just getting into the story.

Emma Cline is a gifted writer and I'm hoping she is feverishly at work on her next novel!

No comments:

Post a Comment