Friday, August 28, 2020

8.28.2020 - When I Was You

When I Was You by Amber Garza

Many thanks to NetGalley, Harlequin/Mira Books, and Amber Garza for the opportunity to read this mind-twisting psychological thriller - 4.5 stars rounded up for a deliciously good book!

Just a short synopsis - Kelly Medina is an empty nester with son Aaron off at college and professor husband, Rafael, teaching in another town during the week and coming home most weekends.  Kelly tries to stay busy with friends and yoga but it's not enough to fill her hours or her heart.  When a chance phone call leads her to discover that another Kelly Medina just moved into town with a young son, she becomes obsessed.  Is this her chance to rewind time and do things right this time?

This is one of those books that it's best to go in somewhat blind to because there are so many twists and turns that you'll have fun trying to unravel.  It's told in the second person which is usually somewhat annoying to me but  works so well in this book.  There were a few times I had to flip back a few pages to let my brain catch up - love books that make me do that!  This is the first book I've read by this author but it definitely won't be the last.  

No comments:

Post a Comment