Sunday, October 30, 2016

10.30.2016 - Sharon Tate and the Manson Murders

Sharon Tate and the Manson Murders by Greg King

Thanks to NetGalley, the publisher and author for the opportunity to read and review this book.

While I feel like I should know all about the Tate/LaBianca murders because of the multitudes of books, movies, etc. that I've seen on the subject, this book was different. This book explores Sharon Tate, the person, and not just the victim. The murders are definitely written about, but the majority of the book is about Sharon. Her family background, her insecurities, her talent - these I knew nothing about. There were also so many celebrity tie-ins that I knew nothing about - from Candice Bergen to Jane Fonda.

I also liked that the book spent time at the end talking about the impact that these deaths had on the victims' families and updated what has occurred to them in the aftermath. My copy of the book didn't have pictures so I was spared looking at those again, although I understand they are in the published version.

Hopefully Sharon Tate's legacy will be the one that was fought for by her family - to fight for the victims in these crimes.

Well worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment