Sunday, August 28, 2016

8.28.2016 - All These Perfect Strangers

All These Perfect Strangers by Aoife Clifford

Thanks to NetGalley, the publisher and author for the opportunity to read and review this book!

Although the storyline was good and I love a good psychological thriller, I just couldn't get too interested in this book. None of the characters were likable and I found myself just wanting to get to the end of the book to see what happened.

Set in Australia, Pen is a first-year university student who escaped from a bad home situation. That wasn't all - she escaped from her small town's focus on her because she had some role in a policeman's murder. That story is doled out in bits and pieces.

The main story is what happens to Pen at university - 3 of her friends are murdered during her first year. What role did she take? The story is told through different time periods as she is writing in a diary and talking to her psychologist. A good twist at the end made me glad I kept reading.

Since this is a debut novel, I'm sure there will be more to look forward to in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment