Friday, July 8, 2016

7.8.2016 - Strange Things Done

Strange Things Done by Elle Wild

Thanks to NetGalley and Dundurn Press for the opportunity to read and review this book!

There was a lot I really liked about this book - it takes place in the Yukon where there is a yearly "freeze up." At that point, residents of the small Dawson City are basically trapped - all the roads and airports to/from the area are shut down. What an intriguing setting for a mystery involving deaths of prominent town members.

But the story moved a little slowly for me and I never felt quite as invested as I should to get really involved. There were so many characters and you couldn't trust any of them - good in some ways but just left a lot of unsettled story lines for me.

Still a good read - especially in the winter months instead of the 90 degree days I read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment