Thursday, July 21, 2016

7.21.2016 - Among the Wicked

Among the Wicked by Linda Castillo

I'm a sucker for these books about Kate Burkholder, Chief of Police in a small Amish community outside Millersburg, OH. They never fail to disappoint!

This one was even more intriguing to me - I lived about an hour north of Millersburg and moved to upstate NY a few years ago. This story line has Kate being asked to work undercover in an Amish community in upstate NY. A teenage girl has recently been found dead and the police are unable to make any progress in the investigation because the Amish community is so cloistered. Enter Kate whose Amish past makes her the perfect undercover person. But is she in over her head?

A very fast-moving read as are all of these books. My only disappointment is that the author, Linda Castillo, was in my upstate NY town for a reading tonight and my plans to attend fell through!

Don't miss one of these books - I'm already anxious for the next one!    

No comments:

Post a Comment