Sunday, February 21, 2016

2.21.2016 - Glory Over Everything

Glory over Everything: Beyond The Kitchen House

First...I am very grateful to NetGalley, Simon & Schuster and the author for the amazing opportunity to read this Advance Reader's Copy. It was amazing!!

I loved The Kitchen House - but I think I loved this one more. And while I definitely recommend reading The Kitchen House, the author gave enough background information for those of us who read the book awhile ago and forgot the details or haven't read it. It could definitely be a stand-alone novel on its own merit.

This is the story of Jamie Pyke - he has escaped and is living as a white man in Philadelphia. He meets many wonderful people who help him become a well-known and well-to-do man of standing in the Philadelphia society scene. However, when the son of a black man who helped him at his lowest is stolen into slavery, he risks everything to go back to where he was raised to try and save him.

I don't want to give away one glorious detail in this book - carve some time out to read this as soon as possible! I just hope that the author continues the story in another book so that we can all find out what happens after The End!

No comments:

Post a Comment