Many thanks to NetGalley and Kensington Publishing | Citadel for gifting me a digital ARC of the latest true crime book by James Renner. All opinions expressed in this review are my own - 4.5 stars!
Most of us are familiar with the Amy Bradley case - the young woman who was on a cruise with her family in 1998 and just disappeared. The author delves completely into this mystery, beyond even what was portrayed in the Netflix documentary. What I like about Renner's books is the personal aspect. He not only gives you his research, but you feel like you are along for the ride as he tells you what's going on in his life and just how he investigated. I liked that he went for a cruise on the same ship, took trips to sometimes scary locations, all to find out more. While we still don't know what happened to Amy, this is a comprehensive look into the case. Since I lived in the Cleveland/Akron area for decades, his books always have a nostalgic feel for me. Another intriguing read from this author!
No comments:
Post a Comment