Tuesday, January 16, 2024

1.16.2024 - The Fury

The Fury by Alex Michaelides 

Many, many thanks to NetGalley and Celadon Books for gifting me a digital ARC of the new novel by Alex Michaelides - 5 stars!

Let's meet our narrator, Elliot Chase, a screenwriter.  He's on a private Greek island with his best friend, former movie star, Lana Farrar.  Also there are her husband and son, a close friend, and two employees.  But Elliot will tell you this isn't quite an Agatha Christie locked-room mystery you're about to embark upon.  Someone will die though.  

I loved this book!  Just like Elliot promised, I felt like I had just pulled up a seat and was listening to him tell me a story.  He tells us the backstories of all the characters, but again in a way that felt cozy and interesting.  And interested I was - I couldn't put this one down.  Structured like a play (a Greek tragedy), It's creative, it's atmospheric (the wind off the island, called the fury), it's tense and surprising.  Bravo, Mr. Michaelides!

No comments:

Post a Comment