Thursday, March 2, 2023

3.2.2023 - All that is Mine I Carry With Me

All That Is Mine I Carry with Me by William Landay 

Many thanks to NetGalley and Random House Ballantine for gifting me a digital ARC of the new book by William Landay - 5 amazing stars!

It's 1975 when 10-year-old Miranda Larkin comes home from school to an empty house.  Her mother is gone.  So begins the saga for the Larkin family.  Jane's husband, Dan, an attorney, is a suspect but there's no solid evidence to prosecute.  So the children, Alex, Jeff, and Miranda have to navigate their new world.

I think you are best going into this book as blind as possible.  Knowing that it's the long-awaited book by the author of Defending Jacob is enough to make you read it.  And once you crack it open, you won't be able to put it down.  Told in first person POVs from those involved, including an author who is writing a book about the case, you get to experience how this tragedy affected everyone.  I keep thinking about all these characters - it's heartbreaking to think about the children and their angst at their feelings of divided loyalty.  I also loved the characters who went out of their way to care.  The writing is amazing and kept me glued to the pages until that final perfect ending.  This is a highly recommended, must read!

No comments:

Post a Comment