Monday, January 10, 2022

1.10.2022 - I Came All This Way to Meet You

I Came All This Way to Meet You by Jami Attenberg

Many thanks to NetGalley, Ecco Books and Harper Collins for gifting me a digital ARC of this memoir by Jami Attenberg.  If you haven't read The Middlestein's and All This Could Be Yours - read them now!  4.5 stars for a great glimpse into this author's background, thought and writing process.

This is such an open, honest book about how the author became who she is now, and I'm sure there will be another book load of stories to come from her as she continues to grow and live her life.  Ms. Attenberg looks at how her family, her life experiences and choices shaped her - and she gives us the good and bad, not just the pretty social media pics.  This book is also part travelogue, as her wanderlust carries her around the world with us as her companions.  I loved reading about the underground, otherworldly parts of cities that exist.  If you are an aspiring author, this would be a must-read as well.

This book has made me all the more anxious to read her next fiction work!  

No comments:

Post a Comment