Friday, November 6, 2020

11.6.2020 - Shadow Sands

 Shadow Sands by Robert Bryndza

Many thanks to NetGalley and Thomas & Mercer for gifting me a digital ARC of the fabulous new book by Robert Bryndza - 5 stars for a mystery that I couldn't put down!  I've read quite a few of this author's books and loved them but how did I miss the first in this series, Nine Elms?  No matter - I will definitely go back and read it but this one works just fine as a stand alone.

Kate Marshall is diving with her son in a reservoir when they discover a dead body - the authorities say it was an accidental drowning but Kate, who is an ex-police officer, thinks there are many questions.  When the young man's mother contacts Kate to investigate, her and her assistant, Tristan, do more investigating.  They discover that there have been too many disappearances in the same area to call it a coincidence and another woman has just disappeared.

I don't want to give much away because you definitely want to read this book yourself.  The writing pulled me in from the beginning - a well-written mystery with great characters.  I can't wait to read more Kate and Tristan adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment