Thursday, February 13, 2020

2.13.2020 - The Lost Book of Adana Moreau

The Lost Book of Adana Moreau by Michael Zapata

Thanks to NetGalley, Hanover Square Press, and Michael Zapata for the opportunity to read and review this book.  This is a very different book - beautifully written but one of those books that makes me feel I'm not quite smart enough to read and enjoy it the way I should.

The story is basically about a science fiction book that was written by a Latin American writer that was lost for decades.  Saul, cleaning out his grandfather's home after his death finds the lost book and tries to reunite it with the author's son, who is living in post-Katrina New Orleans.  The story - the very many stories - between those two events fills the pages of this book.

I loved the writing and it was interesting to see the connections made between all the characters. What I definitely took away from this book is that we all have stories - and they are best shared with those we love.  But I struggled a bit with the science fiction books and all those stories.

This one is getting rave reviews and lots of press so it may be just the book for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment