Tuesday, January 9, 2018

1.9.2018 - Tell Me More

Tell Me More: Stories about the 12 Hardest Things I'm Learning to Say

A million thanks to NetGalley, Random House and especially Kelly Corrigan for the opportunity to read and review this book.  I have been a fan of Corrigan's and read all her other books but this one brought me to my knees. 

This is such a truthful book - the author's telling of things she has learned or is learning.  Like the power of saying no - and yes..  I Was Wrong was one of the most powerful chapters to me - I would like to copy it and share it with every grandchild out there before it's too late.  The true life stories behind these lessons are just that - so truthful.  The good and bad side of parenting, how hard it is to lose someone we love, and how to honor that life. 

You will laugh and you will cry, you'll see yourself and others, and hopefully some of these lessons will imprint themselves on those who read it.  I will be buying a hard copy of this book to read again and share.

Besides the fact that Kelly is a Warriors fan (sorry, Cavs all the way!), she is the kind of friend you wish you had and the kind of friend you wish you could be. 

Glowing 5 star reviews don't seem enough - maybe this was just the right book at the right time, but I know it will stay with me.  Don't wait - read this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment