Monday, May 15, 2017

5.15.2017 - My Life with Bob

My Life with Bob by Pamela Paul

Thanks so much to NetGalley, Henry Holt & Company, and Pamela Paul for the opportunity to read this wonderful book! I absolutely adored it!

While in junior high, Pamela Paul decided to keep a Book of Books (Bob) and record all of the books that she read. This book goes through the journey of her life and how what she was reading and even how she was reading it correlated to what she was experiencing in real life.

But the very best part of this book for me is being able to relate to someone else who loves books like I do. Everything from her childhood spent indoors reading and at the library to the feelings of not being well-enough read no matter how much you read, and working for the main purpose to buy more books. I just loved the way she wrote about books because only someone who loves books can understand why we can't just give our books away (and why I justify paying monthly storage fees for mine!). I do have some book journals that I kept for years before Goodreads came along but I'm so jealous that I don't have a complete Bob!

Although the author is the current editor of the New York Times Book Review (big sigh for the perfect job of getting paid to read!), she never puts down what others read even when they may not be for her (or the person might not be for her because of what they read!). And she loves depressing books too!

This is a true gem of a book that is the perfect gift for book lovers - very highly recommended and loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment